RSS2.0

No Honking Policy

Monday, December 10, 2007

This may be of no importance yet, but it is really annoying to be woken up every night by two people outside honking because of a parking situation. Last night was the third night in a row that both my roommate and I jumped while sleeping because of someone who found it necessary to be honking their horn at 2 in the morning! New York City has a policy, there is a fine of $250 in certain areas where you cannot honk. Why should UMBC not have one? There should be a rule, after 9 p.m. no honking until 9 a.m.. That way, the residents of at least Erickson, where I live, can get a full night's rest.

1 comments:

SteelWolf said...

I remember this problem when I was living in Erickson. It's especially relevant for you as your room faces out over the parking lot. You have to question the wisdom of people honking their horns in the wee hours of the morning, but I know the folks who hand out parking tickets aren't working then.

It would probably be something like filing a noise complaint with the UMBC police.