RSS2.0

Campus Oddities: Engineering Building

Friday, October 24, 2008

I never really used the 24-hour computer lab in Engineering until recently, when my home computer was having some serious issues. As a result, I've been encountering the Handicapped Door of Doom on the ground floor. For some reason, both doors are extremely difficult to open by hand - something that gets me every time. I confidently stride toward the door and pull, expecting it to open like a normal door, only to have it budge about 1/4 of the way.


Anybody else have that experience, or other campus idiosyncrasies you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i come across that door of doom 3 times a week.. there's another one (the handicapped one) at the entrance of the commons that's the same way. guess we just gotta suck it up and deal, huh :P

Anonymous said...

the door on the Poplar Ave side of Public Policy is similarly annoying. It's a double door, with one side being the difficult "door of doom" handicapped type (with no convenient push handle on the outside so what's the point?) and the other door a regular door. However, when I'm going in that side, the "normal" door if you will is almost always locked so I'm stuck using an extra 30 seconds to wrestle the door open.